Thursday, December 29, 2011

Portland, OR: I like Thai Food

 Our food experience in PDX was very short lived. Though that was a giant reason for our trip, i unfortunately received food poisoning from some random Chinese restaurant on the outskirts of the city. However, after eating at 'I like thai food', we swore that we had to come back to the food carts and try something different before we left. (located near SW 10th and Alder)

Me and my husband our big Thai food fans, and our favorite dish is Drunken Noodles (or Pad Kee Mao) which is a dish that consists of wide rice noodles usually cooked with fish sauce or oyster sauce, chilies, and basil. 

It was freakin SPICY, but i couldn't stop eating it. The sauce was little more tomato based then i have eaten before, but my sister-in-law who happens to be Thai reminded me there is a difference between authentic and American styles of Thai. O my goodness it was so good, and we only payed 6 or 7 bucks for a crap load of food. I can get a lunch special for 9 dollars at our local Thai restaurant but wouldn't have leftovers and the dinner entree is about 15. It only took about 7 minutes to get the food after we ordered (luckily we did not have to wait in line). This would have definitely fed both my husband and I. Now i understand all the hype about PDX carts-i was not disappointed.

No comments:

Post a Comment