Wednesday, December 14, 2011

PIZZA



New York, Chicago, San Fransisco style...It's amazing to think of all the different of choices you have when you think "I want pizza tonight". But, all have one thing in common of course: cheese (usually), and dough. I personally dislike my pizza cracker thin: reflecting only on the toppings and basically stating the crust as a hassle or maybe just horrible technique/recipe. I also can't speak very highly of deep dish, (there really is such a thing as TOO MUCH cheese,) but i have yet to visit the famous Chicago in order to truly determine that.

My love for good pizza, and especially hand tossed crust, has not been around very long. Like a normal child i ate quite a bit of pizza but not from authentic pizza parlors. Try Cici's, pizza inn, and maybe the occasional Little Ceaser's. Don't get me wrong, i am very grateful for those Father-Children trips to the all you can eat buffets though i had no idea what i was missing.
The first amazing slice of pizza I've had started at Famous Pizza in Denver, CO at the age of 16. Apparently there is more "famous" pizza in Denver, CO. Actually, there are many pizza parlors in Denver with the same name, but this is unmistakable. Me and my brother would go in there to order a slice, and i was in heaven. I have yet to taste pizza as good at theirs-though my current employer does come very close.

I am very grateful for my pizza training (pictures above), mainly because it takes much time and practice in learning the art of dough. More then anything i am excited to extend my pizza ventures around the country, and maybe even around the world.  If you have a favorite pizza place: please share!

No comments:

Post a Comment