Thursday, November 14, 2013

Must see Denver (area) Breweries

I took a long awaited trip in August to Denver and surrounding areas on what I called "Beercation". I didn't need to bore anyone with details, there is so many reviews already posted across the web. Finally I decided to give a simple run down of my favorite spots and why they were so fucking awesome.

Avery (Boulder): Not much I need to stay. Known for their world class beer, this Brewery never fails to disappoint in not only in a wide selection of delicious beer (including barrel aged and tap room exclusives), but also in a kickass happy atmosphere. I love the people who work here, and even more love the delicious summer IPA's they had on top. It made the extremely hot day more bearable.

What a shame Equinox Brewing in Ft. Collins fails to distribute. Even though it was packed it served as a nice hangout spot (unlike New B.).

Left Hand (Longmont). What can I say? Sitting at the bar I felt like a little girl who just met her childhood hero. These were some of the first locally regional beers I got into.
/
Grimm Brothers (Loveland) perfectly fits my style. German fairytale mixed with classic German styles. Fuckin Win!

Funkwerks (Ft. Collins): These saison experts know how to make some freaking delicious summer time beer. I really enjoyed the outside seating and beanbog toss on the luciously green grass also.

Prost! (Denver): Where have you been all my life? These guys do a wonderful job in educating the average american beer drinker in what German beer is really about. Classic styles, lots of seating, and I proudly brought home my favorite: their weisebier.

Crooked Stave (Denver): These guys are getting so much hype I knew I had to check them out. A peak into their backroom and I knew they were serious about barrel aging. They have some of the best beer I've ever had, and also broke my Galaxy Hop cherry.

River North (Denver)

Renegde (Denver)
Before anyone chimes in their two sense, I did visit plenty of others. New Belgium was alright. I do really enjoy their beer but they have become so ridiculously popular that their taproom was not much enjoyed. I want to chill out and enjoy my beer, not feel rushed to get the hell out. Denver Brewing was also good, worth it if you have time, but astonishly special.

1 comment:

  1. Great write-up - but more importantly, great pictures! I want to drink about half of those beers right now! How lucky you are to be able to enjoy a beercation! :)

    ReplyDelete