Wednesday, August 22, 2012

Seattle Day 1

I've never been to Seattle before, I was not sure what to expect. The Interstate was so damn busy (and a little scary) while nearing two hours outside of the city. Once we arrived we decided to go strait to the waterfront and eat at The Crab Pot: a restaurant that was featured on The Travel Channel. I have been searching for the fresh-massive-served seafood the whole trip: and this was it! I spent 30 bucks on the shrimp and crab combo. They brought out a bib, mallet, large sheet of paper, and bashing bashing board before the meal arrived. We ate the crab stuffed jalapenos poppers. They weren't even deep fried but so damn good!!!
They brought of the fish in a large metal bowl and just dumped it in front of my on the table. They also gave me three sides of butter (smart people). I was a little creeped out pulling the heads off the shrimp but I am sure I will get used  to it. I don't have anything bad to say about my meal. It was so damn delicious and I would recommend for anyone to come here while in Seattle for the fresh seafood experience. I finally have had my fill of crab for awhile. I can't even believe I ate the entire meal besides a crab leg or two.

We walked to the Aquarium afterwards for Ziggy. I was not impressed. The small aquarium in Newport, OR was bigger then this one (and they charged us 20 bucks for each adult). They did have an awesome purple octopus that everyone was crowded around with their camera phones, and the seals were so beautiful.
Later we went to Pikes Market which overlooks the waterfront. All of the shops were closing at 6 which was right when we arrived. They have a huge fish market, and all these random little shops and it's difficult to figure out the directory. They had a disgusting gum wall that I guess is really popular. 

For dinner we went a little out of the way to Jai Thai, obviously a Thai restaurant. I can't remember the name of what I ordered. It was basically just a stir fry with beef, basil, pepper, onions, mushrooms, in a spicy sauce. It was very good and at an awesome price. It was nice to have a 12 dollar plate of food and not 30 dollars. I was jealous of Zach's drunken noodles though. I also had a Thailand Mudslide that I had to resist ordering another one. It was made with Thai tea, Bailey's, and some other alcohol. I must go home right away, get my hands on some Thai tea, and recreate this. Very inventive. 


1 comment:

  1. Seattle has always interested me. I'd like to visit it someday. Oh, and EEEWWW, gum wall! :(

    ReplyDelete